Sunday, May 19, 2013

Intro

    So this is going to be a record of my bicycle journey from my home in west Michigan to Seaside, Oregon.  In it, I plan to record the experiences I have, the people I meet, and the places I see as I work my way across the country.  I really don't know how often I'll be able to post entries, but with any luck I'll be able to do at least one per week.  
    I will be using Adventure Cycling Association maps to string together a route that stretches for 2,000 miles.  My dad and I are planning on leaving next Tuesday the 21st, and will cross Lake Michigan on the Badger ferry from Ludington.  We plan on riding for 8-10 days before being joined by the rest of the family in the truck, who will act as a support vehicle for a week.  After that, I will continue on solo to the west coast.  I've decided to not set any time limits for the trip, but conservatively I would estimate that it will take me close to a month and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment